Each year St. John the Baptist Catholic School hosts a Jog-A-Thon in which the students actively participate to raise money for necessary school improvement projects. Since tuition only covers our basic operating expenses, the school relies heavily on fundraisers such as the Jog-A-Thon to raise funds for such projects.
This year's Jog-A-Thon takes place on Friday, April 12, 2019.
Our goal is to raise $42,000 to improve and maintain classroom technology and equipment. Funds will also be used to expand the Music curriculum. These improvements will enhance our students’ learning experiences, help with academic advances, and promote students’ self-confidence.
In 2018 the funds were used to complete our Makerspace (STREAM) Room. In this classroom students in grades TK-8 are able to work using both high tech robotics and 3D printers as well as a variety of other hands-on materials including LEGO®, peg boards, and blocks to collaboratively solve problems.
Previous Jog-A-Thons have allowed the school to upgrade technology, improve the school library and student bathrooms, and install a large shade structure over the playground.
Kim Oanh-Tran is the business owner and mother of SIB alumni Phi ('15), Nhi ('17), and Noah ('18).
Jog-A-Thon and Spartan Run
April 12, 2019 and May 10, 2019
Pledge Envelopes have gone home with your students. Envelopes contain the following forms:
- Opportunity Drawing Tickets. For only $1 per ticket or $5 for 6 tickets, you can enter into a drawing to win fun raffle packages.
- Pledge Entry Slips. For every $10 your child raises, please complete and turn in one slip for his or her chance to win prizes. We will start pulling Pledge Entry forms on Friday, March 8th during Morning Prayers. Additional slips are available in the front office or may be downloaded here.
Introducing the Spartan Run
The Spartan Run takes place Friday, May 10th. Each student who brings in $100 or more will be eligible to participate in a newly designed obstacle course. Please help your child get sponsors and pledges for the Jog-A-Thon. An easy way to reach this goal is "10 for $10."
Tuition-Voucher Raffle Returns
Returning this year, the $500 TUITION-VOUCHER RAFFLE! This is not the same as the Opportunity Drawing. To be entered into this special raffle, your child must raise $200 or more in flat donations/per lap pledges. All the money must be turned in to the Front Office by Friday, May 3rd to qualify. The winning student will be announced at the Spartan Run and the voucher may only be applied to SJB tuition for the 2019-2020 school year. No Cash Value.
HOW TO PLEDGE
All pledge envelopes and flat donations will be due on Wednesday, April 10th. Per-lap pledge money is due Friday, May 3rd.
We need volunteers and donations for the Jog-A-Thon! If you haven't fulfilled your Family Participation Hour (FPH) obligation, this is an excellent opportunity to do so. Volunteer and donation requests will be posted on Team Unify the week of March 25th.
Thank you for all your support! The Jog-A-Thon would not be successful without you! Please contact JATCommittee@sjbschool.net with questions.
Wednesday, April 10
- PLEDGE ENVELOPES and FLAT DONATIONS due to your child's teacher or Office.
- PLEDGE ENTRY SLIPS for your child's chance to win prizes are also due. One entry slip per $10.00 earned.
- Pledge Envelopes will be returned to you AFTER the Jog-A-Thon for collection of PER-LAP PLEDGES. Per-lap pledge money is due by Friday, May 3.
Friday, April 12
- Send your child(ren) to school:
- Wearing tennis shoes, PE clothes, and/or class theme item
- With a filled reusable water bottle (please put their name on it and remind them to bring it to the track when they run)
- Already wearing sunscreen and bring additional sunscreen if you think they will need it
- Join us at SJB to cheer students on!
Friday Schedule of Events
Opening Ceremonies with class posters/banners
9:30 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
JAT Run (see track schedule below)
11:30 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
- 11:30 - TK, K1, K2, 2A, 2B
- 11:50 - 3A, 3B, 4A, 4B
- 12:10 - 1A, 1B, 5A, 5B
- 12:30 - 6A, 6B, 7A, 7B
Raffle Prizes and Closing Ceremonies
Juice It Up smoothies and return to classroom