St. John the Baptist Catholic School uses FACTS Tuition Management to make quality educational affordable for families. Through FACTS, we offer a custom application and collect financial data to make accurate award decisions based on financial need.
After completing the online application, you will need to upload all required supporting documentation. If you are unable to upload, fax the required documents to (866) 315-9264.
All documentation received is imaged upon receipt and then destroyed.
You may log in to your FACTS user account to review the status of your application. Please allow 2 weeks processing time before inquiring further about receipt and/or status of the uploaded or faxed documents. Application deadlines are set by the institution awarding the aid. If you are applying after the deadline, contact your school to ensure that your application will be accepted.
A non-refundable application fee of $30 is required before your application will be submitted.
If you need assistance getting started with your FACTS application, download the guide below.
The following supporting documents are required to complete the application process:
- IRS Federal Income Tax Return, including all supporting schedules (the year of the tax return depends on the tax requirements of your school). If applicant and co-applicant file separately, we require both tax returns for the same tax year.
- Copies of all the current year W-2 Wage and Tax Statements for both the applicant and co-applicant.
- NOTE: If you are applying before you have received all the current year W-2 Wage and Tax Statements, please submit them as soon as they become available.
- Copies of all supporting tax documents if you have business income/loss from any of the following:
- Business - send Schedule C or C-EZ and Form 4562 Depreciation and Amortization
- Farm - send Schedule F and Form 4562 Depreciation and Amortization
- Rental Property - send Schedule E (page 1)
- S-Corporation - send Schedule E (page 2), Form 1120S (5 pages), Schedule K-1 and Form 8825
- Partnership - send Schedule E (page 2), Form 1065 (5 pages), Schedule K-1 and Form 8825
- Estates and Trusts - send Schedule E (page 2), Form 1041 and Schedule K-1
The following list contains information you need to know or have ready to complete your application:
1. Student Information (you will enter information for all students attending a tuition charging school)
- Student Social Security Number
- Student Date of Birth
- How much your ability to pay tuition for each student annually
- Amount of tuition support outside of child support custodial required of non-custodial parent.
2. Adjusted Gross Income for Applicant and/or Co applicant from most recent Federal Income tax return.
3. Nontaxable Income amount received & frequency of:
- Child Support
- Temporary assistance for needy families (TANF)
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Tuition Support from friends/relatives/employers
- Workers’ Compensation
- Housing Allowance (Military, Religious, Parsonage, etc)
- Tax-Exempt Interest
- Social Security (For all household members)
- Any other Nontaxable income received
4. If you expect a decrease in income, you will need to provide reasons why and anticipated income.
5. Monthly Expenses
- Rent/Mortgage Payment (include principal, interest, taxes, and home insurance)
- 2nd home Mortgage Payment
- Monthly Home equity Loan payments
- Year, make/model and monthly payment for all vehicles leased or owned, including those that don’t have a monthly payment. Do not include vehicle insurance expense.
- Total Credit Card Debt & minimum amounts due on statements
- Student Loan payments for family members no longer attending college
- Other monthly loan payments (do not include cell phone, utilities, or other living expenses)
- Child Support payments
- Health insurance premiums paid per month, amount and how it is paid (pre-tax payroll, direct to insurance company, etc)
6. Annual/Yearly Expenses
- Vehicle Insurance
- Out-of-pocket medical expenses not paid by insurance
- Charitable contributions
- Number of family members attending college in fall, and your total out of pocket cost
- Number of children you pay child/day care expenses beginning in fall, and annual expected cost
- Number of people for whom you pay elder care expenses, and total expected cost
- Value of cash, savings, and/or checking accounts
- Value of stocks, bond investments, mutual funds, and/or certificates of deposit
- Value of all 529 plan accounts and expected annual contribution to 529 plan account
- Value of all retirement plan assets and expected annual contribution to retirement plan
- Estimated value & amount owed on your home
- Estimated value & amount owed on your second home
If you file a tax return but do not have W-2 wages because you are self-employed, you will be required to submit a copy of your current year Federal Form 1040 Tax Return.
Copies of all supporting documentation for household Non-Taxable Income such as:
- Social Security Income
- Child Support
- Food Stamps
- Workers’ Compensation
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
If you do not file a tax return, you are required to provide documentation of all income received.